From Jean-Louis Boudart <jeanlouis.boud...@gmail.com>
Subject Managing easyant online repository
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 18:44:58 GMT
Dear EasyAnters,

As explained in the past we're going to use an online repository [1] for
easyant. This repository will  :
* contain easyant plugins
* contain easyant buildtypes
* contain easyant skeletons
* will not act as a maven proxy

All repositories declared bellow will use ivy standard layout.

About internal organisation, we will clearly separate
apache-easyant-plugins, and the community ones.
Community plugins  is supposed to host  plugin incompatible with Apache
requirements like checkstyle, or even your plugins if you want.

I suggest to have three level of stagging :
* stable : were stuff will be promoted by easyant PMC when they get
released, of enough tested
* testing : for RC etc...
* unstable  : for non released plugin (integration version), while the team
is developping

This applies to both apache and community repository

By default, easyant distribution should be preconfigured to know :
* apache-easyant-stable
* community-easyant-stable

Then people are free to modify the configuration if they want to use
testing or unstable stuff.

Our online repository, offer a virtual repository feature (ability to
"hide" complexity of multiple repository on server side).

We could for example create two virtual repositories [2] :
* apache-easyant : relying on server side on apache-easyant-stable >
apache-easyant-testing > apache-easyant-unstable
* community-easyant relying on server side on community-easyant-stable >
community-easyant-testing > community-easyant-unstable

This could be really useful for easyant developpers to fetch stuff from the
different staging area while respecting the order (stable first, then
testing, then unstable).

About authorization now :
* EasyAnt PMC's will have admin to manage online repository (make
promotion, create repository, etc...)
* An account will be created to publish stuff to apache-easyant-*
repository. This account will be used by  apache ci server
* An account will be created to publish community stuff. This account will
be used by the community ci server.

Any objections ?

[1] http://repository.easyant.org
[2] http://wiki.jfrog.org/confluence/display/RTF/Virtual+Repositories