From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Becoming part of the Ant project ?
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 08:09:43 GMT
On 2012-07-05, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:

> [1] and it appears that I misunderstood the sponsoring of the Ant
> project to EasyAnt. Maybe some of you too, so let's clear it out.

It seems nobody understands the concept of project sponsorship (anymore)
or at least there doesn't seem to be consensus.  It could very well be
the case I'm the one who is misunderstanding things.

All I wanted to point out is that there is no automatism that Ant would
accept EasyAnt as a subproject "just because" it once sponsored entry
into the incubator.  OTOH I don't expect the Ant PMC to reject it
either, nobody has raised the question so far AFAIK.

Many thanks for Nicolas for starting the discussion here.

Stefan