From Jean-Louis Boudart <jeanlouis.boud...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: State of EasyAnt (was Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Jan 2012 ([ppmc]))
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 10:18:54 GMT
Hi,

Sorry for the delay i've not been available as  much as expected those last
months.
I'll be more available at the end of the week i think and i plan to finish
and commit the refactoring of phases.

As you pointed out we're in Apache Incubator since one year and we still
have not achieved our objectives.
I assume the main problem comes from our huge refactoring due to one of the
core developper who didn't sign the CLA. As a consequence we've removed lot
of features which were part of easyant (plugin documentation, some plugins,
etc..). It probably affects a bit the motivation of others, at least it is
my case, reimplementing stuff is not so fun (removing it either cc Nicolas
:p).

I still believe Apache is the place to be for EasyAnt i still plan to make
this project live and to create interaction with Ant and Ivy community.

To release the next version we need to finish our refactoring on phases and
update documentation (including plugins). Then i propose for a n+1release
(probably the 1.0) to provide a way to  test plugins and to generate
documentation for plugins.

Cheers,

--
Jean Louis Boudart