From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: State of EasyAnt (was Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Jan 2012 ([ppmc]))
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 13:39:24 GMT

Le 6 janv. 2012 à 07:35, Stefan Bodewig a écrit :

> Agreed, this needs to be done, but do we have any timeframe by which
> this will be done or by which we call incubation failed?  To some degree
> I'm playing devil's advocate here, but eternal incubation is not an
> option.

I am starting to think it quite loud so I'll write it. If there is no much progress until
the next report, 3 month from now, I'm thinking that we shouldn't bother Apache any longer.
It would make a little more than one year of incubation. "One year" is a period mentioned
on the incubator-general when there was a discussion about how long a podling should last.
It was just a discussion there, not official, podling can last longer, but I think this is
a good period length for podling to ask themself if they are not wasting ASF resources.
And guys, it absolutely doesn't mean EasyAnt would be dead, it will just mean it is not enough
active to demonstrate proper integration into the ASF. It can properly live back on easyant.org.

Nicolas