From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: State of EasyAnt
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 16:43:18 GMT
On 2012-01-09, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:

> Le 6 janv. 2012 à 07:35, Stefan Bodewig a écrit :

>> Agreed, this needs to be done, but do we have any timeframe by which
>> this will be done or by which we call incubation failed?  To some degree
>> I'm playing devil's advocate here, but eternal incubation is not an
>> option.

> I am starting to think it quite loud so I'll write it. If there is no
> much progress until the next report, 3 month from now, I'm thinking
> that we shouldn't bother Apache any longer.

That's quite ambitiuos.  I agree that EasyAnt should really consider its
options by then, not necessarily make a decision.

Also, I wouldn't frame it as "bother Apache" but rather try to find out
why we don't see more participation.  Is there anything in the ASF that
is standing in the way of EasyAnt's progress (the license policy for
plugins might, I don't know)?

Stefan