From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject State of EasyAnt (was Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Jan 2012 ([ppmc]))
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 06:35:12 GMT
On 2012-01-05, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:

> Le 4 janv. 2012 à 06:33, Stefan Bodewig a écrit :

>> On 2012-01-03, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:

>>> nothing much to say though.
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/January2012

>> Any ideas on how to address the current state of "no progress"?

[reshuffled Niclas' response slightly]

> I think we need people involved. The status of the current code base
> is too broken to have somebody new to be able help,

<snip />

> I would also be more motivated if there would be more activity around.

Difficult to resolve this cycle.  Who if not you or Jean-Louis could
provide this activity?

> so I think the current team needs to setup something buildable and
> installable locally, with instructions. And ultimately setup a build
> which make easyant releasable.

Agreed, this needs to be done, but do we have any timeframe by which
this will be done or by which we call incubation failed?  To some degree
I'm playing devil's advocate here, but eternal incubation is not an
option.

> For my part, I have been less active lately, I'm quite overwhelm, I
> even thought I would be able to boot a release of IvyDE and I still
> don't manage to.

I know exactly what you are talking about having just switched jobs.
You shouldn't feel bad.  After all, you are contributing despite your
lack of time and this project is supposed to be community driven.

> For my day to day job I have to work with cassandra, hadoop and
> elasticsearch, which, I have to admit, is a little more fun to play
> with than a build system. :)

In particular a build system you don't use yourself and doesn't provide
a personal itch to scratch to you.  Believe it or not, but I know
exactly what you are talking about.

Many thanks for your response and many thanks for the time you spend
contributing to EasyAnt.

Stefan