From Jean-Louis Boudart <jeanlouis.boud...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plugin documentation
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2011 19:33:50 GMT
IMHO, Plugins or buildtypes should document :

   - a few lines explaning plugin objectives and phylosophy
   - an example of use (this can be partially generated)
   - their dependencies (including extenal libraries, but also other
   easyant's plugins)
   - properties declared with <ea:parameter>
   - targets and extensionPoints
   - a target graph could also be useful on complex plugins

Almost all of these information can be retrieved from PluginService api in
easyant core except the first point which needs by definition to be hand
written.

I have no idea yet about tools that can be used to achieve this (i mean the
hand written part, as we can generate stuff from PluginService result).

Any ideas ?
Xooki ? A wiki syntax ? Docbook ? Using Apache Doxia (the documentation
backend behind maven site) ?  Apache Forrest ? Others ?

Note that EasyAnt provides a documentation plugin [1] based on XDOC[2].

Output format should be html based (to be browsable through easyant
website), but i would also feel happy if we support PDF.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/easyant/plugins/trunk/documentation/
[2] http://maven.apache.org/doxia/references/xdoc-format.html