From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Clean up of some IP issues
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 17:17:48 GMT

Le 28 juil. 2011 à 13:38, Jean-Louis Boudart a écrit :

>> - remove the xooki plugin
>>
> As far as i know those change only affect the generation of menu entry
> (through menu generator)  so removing his commit can make sense but not the
> whole plugin

You're right. No need to remove the entire plugin, just the few line which has been wrote.

>> - idem for the antunit, coverage, cobertura, emma plugins
>>
> +1 to rewrite / rethink thoses plugins
> Did you voluntary forgot the "package-test-jar" plugin ? It's a really
> simple plugin making a jar of test classes (not sure there's lot of IP
> there)

hum, interesting. I didn't see this with the list of commits. There is no commit with IP issue
on package-test-jar, but package-test-jar has Ip issues because it has been copied from package-jar,
indicated by the svn blames.
As soon as we agree on how to clean up package-jar, we could do the same with package-test-jar
I think.

>> About the third, if anybody have to time to see the commits, he is welcomed
>> to help decide what we can do about it. See the diff-to-decide.txt
>>
> Here are my comments based on your diff-to-decide :
> r517 : factorize  a set of <fileset> to create easyant distribution => not
> sure we can't get rid of this
> In the  same commit modification on shell scripts doesn't seems to be
> related => could be reverted
> r492 : his a workaround for a strange bug when ant locates ANT_HOME =>
> should be kept
> r491: nothing to do it was for debug the commit has been already reverted =>
> nothing to do
> r490: seems like experimentation things related to ANT_HOME (the real fix is
> r492) => can be reverted
> r489: invokes explicitly the generation of plugin documentation => can be
> reverted
> r487:  fixes unit test and performance improvement of module resolution and
> repository report => not sure we can remove this
> r485: huge enhancement on JarResolver's implementation (repository in a jar)
> => not sure we can remove this
> r485: jarresolver enhancement + repository resolver enhancement => not sure
> we can remove this
> r428: i think most of the code here doesn't exist now has it has been
> migrated in a separated plugin (package-test-jar) => nothing to do
> r427: enhancement on Import task, it was supposed to make or test easier =>
> can be reverted also related
> rest of the commit impacts antunit / test-utils => can be removed
> r270: seems a short patch on submodule, it has been refactored a lot => i
> would say nothing to do :)
> r239: almost all the documentation of multimodule => ???
> r232: tiny changes on build-tools v0.1 plugin (multi module) this plugin is
> now deprecated => can be removed from SVN
> r207,205: css changes + introduces two new documentation pages
> -buildtypes.html and plugins.html => ???

I'll proceed your comments later.

cheers,
Nicolas