From Jean-Louis Boudart <jeanlouis.boud...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Continunuous integration and repository management
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 09:39:18 GMT
2011/7/5 Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org>

> On 2011-07-04, Jean-Louis Boudart wrote:
>
> > We'll need to setup tons of jobs, one for core and then one for each
> plugins
> > as it could be released independently. I thought i was easier for all to
> > have one place for both apache-compatible and non compatible stuff.
>
> Understood.
>
> > I feel confortable if we choose to use builds.apache.org for
> easyant-core
> > and core plugins, but in any case we need to have a second CI server for
> > other plugins  which could not be hosted @apache.org (such as
> checkstyle,
> > sonar etc...)
>
> Sounds good to me.

Let's turn this in a more formal vote :

Do we agree that we need one "repository" for both apache / non-apache
plugins ?  see http://repository.easyant.org
[ ] YES
[ ] NO

Then for CI we have two options :
[ ] Option 1 : Have one CI server  to build everything related to easyant
such as core, examples, plugins (including apache ones and non apache ones)
[ ] Option 2 : Have two distinct CI server. All Apache stuff (core +
examples + apache plugins) could use http://builds.apache.org. For the rest
(plugins non compatible with apache license for example) could use
http://builds.easyant.org.

Things to take in consideration :
Easyant is builded with easyant itself, all plugins required to build
easyant will be fetched from a repository (http://repository.easyant.org ?)
this applies to both options.

When we release easyant we will create an easyant distribution this includes
ant + ivy + easyant-core + a set of common plugins for standard case. Like
for others apache deliverable the good host to make it accessible is
http://dist.apache.org.
If we choose Option 1 we will need to keep in mind that the easyant
distribution deliverable needs to be published on http://dist.apache.org.

Which option do you prefer ?

--
Jean Louis Boudart