From Jean-Louis Boudart <jeanlouis.boud...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Continunuous integration and repository management
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 08:38:32 GMT
My votes:

2011/7/6 Jean-Louis Boudart <jeanlouis.boudart@gmail.com>

> Do we agree that we need one "repository" for both apache / non-apache
> plugins ?  see http://repository.easyant.org
> [X] YES
> [ ] NO
>
> Having one repository to give to end users will make configuration more
easier for them. Then we're still able to make a clear separation in
artifactory's internal repository if we want to have one place for official
apache plugins and one other for the rest (including different role to
upload on them).

> Then for CI we have two options :
> [X] Option 1 : Have one CI server  to build everything related to easyant
> such as core, examples, plugins (including apache ones and non apache ones)
> [ ] Option 2 : Have two distinct CI server. All Apache stuff (core +
> examples + apache plugins) could use http://builds.apache.org. For the
> rest (plugins non compatible with apache license for example) could use
> http://builds.easyant.org.

I'm for Option1 as is always simpler to have everything ine one place. But i
would feel confortable if we choose to have two distinct CI server to be
more closed to what other apache projects do.

--
Jean Louis Boudart
Independent consultant