From "Alexander Turcan" <idls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: metabuild on any module
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 12:57:11 GMT
I'll be more than happy to see this feature integrated, but I'm not sure it would merge nicely
with the current approach. I did make an effort for them to coexist but they seem mutually
exclusive to me. The existing metabuild implementation requires a dedicated metamodule and
translates every target into a metatarget. Mine complements regular modules with meta-functionality.
I don't mean to insist, but in my experience I never needed a dedicated metamodule, I found
"implicit" metatargets to be sufficient, and more flexible, since you get to be explicit about
the scope - all,dependencies, etc.

As for targets depending on implicit metatargets, I myself try not to abuse it, simply because
I don't want to assume that my metaexecutor is there to help me. So I add the extra 3 lines
for the iteration. I believe I do that in&nbsp;ideprojects.ant.