From "Alexander Turcan" <idls...@gmail.com>
Subject metabuild on any module
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 17:49:57 GMT
Hi,
My name is Sandu Turcan, and I've been following the progress of

easyant for a while.

I've worked on something similar at some point, so it's interesting to

see how other people are approaching it.

I like the modularity of easyant builds much better then what I had,

and that's just the first thing I noticed.

Like with any product there are things I miss, like metabuild

functionality from anywhere.

Our project had close to 50 source modules, and we could go to any one

of them and treat it as a starting point for a metabuild.

I wrote a module for easyant that does the same thing.

Here is how it works:

It can be imported as a plugin (but should work as a regular module as well):

        &lt;plugin mrid="idlsoft.easyant.plugins#metabuildsupport;1.0" as="mm"/&gt;

You will not see any additional targets, but you can do something like:

eant mm:all:doit  - invokes doit on all, including the current one

eant mm:all:clean - invokes clean on all

eant mm:deps:doit - invokes doit only on dependencies

eant mm:deps:clean+doit - invokes clean and doit on dependencies

I had to implement my own ant Executor, but I made sure to avoid

conflict with the bundled meta-build.

The code is on https://bitbucket.org/idlsoft/easyant-modules

This covers most of what I need but it would be really helpful to have

a few additional features in SubModule, I described them at

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EASYANT-24

I'm also working on another module - configuring easyant depending on

basedir. The idea is to walk the directory structure from the current

directory up, look for easyant.properties files, and load them.

Ideally this could be supported by standard easyant configuration, because

then it could kick in before the plugin repository is initialized.

Please, let me know what you think.

Best regards,

Sandu