From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Third Party Jars
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 15:54:55 GMT
Hi,

while looking through the "check we may combine code we distribute with
ours" bulletpoint I looked into
<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/easyant/core/trunk/repository/third-party-lib/>
and there are a few that come with licenses incompatible with the Apache
Software License.  On such example would be checkstyle which comes under
the LGPL[1].

I'll immediately admit that I have no clue what of this directory is
required at build time only and what will end up being distributed as
part of EasyAnt.  Checkstyle as a "build time only" dependency would be
fine (but shouldn't be inside the svn tree IMHO) while we cannot
distribute code that depends on it or even distribute checkstyle itself.

Could anybody sort out the various "repository" directories for me
please?  I'm not concerned with stuff that we can legally distribute
like all the ASF stuff or the BSD licensed antlr or hsqldb.

Stefan

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-x