From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Third Party Jars
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 14:36:35 GMT
On 2011-03-11, Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:

> Stefan, did you say that on the apache-extras web site it is possible
> to put software that depends upon GPLed software ?

I guess I did.

I'm not expert since I haven't followed its creation but AIUI
apache-extras is a just a Google Code instance for projects that are in
some way associated with ASF projects.  These projects are not ASF
projects, don't get any oversight from the ASF and can pick whatever
license is acceptable to Google Code and I think the GPL is acceptable
over there by now.

<http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/maven-scm-provider-svnjava/>
is there because the code depends on a license that's in Category X for
example.

Stefan