From "Purkayastha, Siddhartha" <Siddhartha.Purkayas...@ca.com>
Subject RE: Website
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2011 16:05:17 GMT
Hi All -

For some context, EasyAnt reports all errors, diagnostic messages from 'Dr Myrmex'. For example,
if a recommendation is to be made, the message we show says:
'Mr Myrmex recommends ...'

For a new user to EasyAnt this may be a little confusing initially.

I had a thought around having an image for Dr Myrmex, that we could have on all EasyAnt website
/ documentation / tutorials etc. This could be as though Mr Myrmex is communicating with the
end users of EasyAnt. Perhaps, an ant in a white coat with specs and a stethoscope .. :-)
However, I do not have much idea on how such an image could be created.

On discussing with Jean Louis, he has made a suggestion, on which I would like to invite everyone's
views:
Publicise some kind of a contest for logo design contest in our blog. May be make some noise
in twitter, ML etc.
May be with the right kind of noise, we could get some help from outside, which we can acknowledge
in our website / documentation etc.

While I think it is an interesting idea, I am not sure of its feasibility.

Suggestions welcome. Please also let us know if there is some other way that other Apache
projects may have followed.

Thanks,
Siddhartha