From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Infrastructure Needs
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 15:05:08 GMT

Le 14 févr. 2011 à 13:51, Stefan Bodewig a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> I think we've waited long enough for all people to subscribe.
>
> EasyAnt already has a place in svn that is fully functional with write
> access for Xavier and Nicolas (more people will be added once the
> accounts have been created) and a commits mailing list that is going to
> receive change notifications.  That's pretty much all there is right
> now.
>
> Now for the things that aren't there (yet?):
>
> * content in svn
>
>  Do you intend to import any history or just commit the latest version
>  of EasyAnt into ASF's svn?
>
>  Importing history may only be meaningful once the accounts are there
>  (so committer names can be mapped), I'm not sure.

I don't think we need the history. But this may be me being a late easyanter ;).

> * a WebSite
>
>  You have lots of options.  Basically you can do waht you want as long
>  as the contents are stored in svn and you follow the branding
>  guidelines <http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/>.
>
>  Given that svn is there, I don#t think anybody is holding up prgress
>  on this.

I quite like the way we handle the doc with Ivy and IvyDE: use of xooki.
I am open to try the CMS implemented by the Apache Infra team [1].

> * an issue tracker
>
>  JIRA or Bugzilla?  Do you plan to migrate old issues (can't remember
>  what type of issure tracker you've used so far).
>
>  Ivy uses JIRA, Ant uses Bugzilla.
>
>  If it is JIRA, I think Xavier has enough karma to simple create one
>  for EasyAnt as well (if not, we'll open a ticket and ask for one, no
>  problem).

+1 for jira
The existing issues in the original easyant issue tracker are only created by us:
http://easyant.org/projects/easyant/issues
So I don't think we need an import.

> * a Wiki
>
>  Do you want one at this point in time?  If yes, Confluence or Moin
>  (you've seen Moin when you created the Incubator proposal and a
>  Confluence example would be Ivy's wiki
>  <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IVY/Index>).

I don't think we need one for now. If we need to write something today, I think it will be
part of a doc or the website.

Nicolas

[1] https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/the_asf_cms