From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Roadmap and priorities
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2011 17:13:04 GMT
On 2011-02-24, Jean-Louis Boudart wrote:

> As i said this does not intent to replace the ML, so we shouldn't take any
> binding decision there.
> I think it's often easier to start discussion there,  ideas can be shared
> "in live" and then voted on the ML,  it's also a good area to discuss with
> each other.

> It's just a way to create "in live interactions" between commiters and/or
> users. Do you see what i mean?

Not really, but that could be me.  I have never used IRC for anything
much and don't really like it, YMMV.  I don't recall any fruitful
discussion I ever had via IRC while I recall many of them via email.

Keep in mind that you are discriminating on timezones[1] for any sort of
synchronous communication (IRC, IM, phone calls, whatever).  You can
discuss whatever you want on IRC, you will probably have to rehash it
again on the list since people who have been unable to join on IRC will
bring up questions/issues you thought you had already covered.

If it didn't happen on the mailing list it didn't happen.[2]

Stefan

[1] Even if EasyAnt development currently seems to be located in France
    more or less exclusively.  Right now.

[2] I should probably attribute this to Roy Fielding but right now I'm
    too lazy to look up the reference for a real quote.