From Thorsten Scherler <scher...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HTTP transport improvements
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2010 19:38:09 GMT
On Wed, 2010-08-04 at 21:18 +0200, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> Folks
>
> It's been really a while since I hacked on Droids last time. I am not
> even sure whether I still have my commit rights. Anyways, I have some
> spare bandwidth for Droids and would like to do some work on its HTTP
> transport. I would like to make it more lenient to non-fatal HTTP
> protocol violations, more resilient to DoS type of situations as well as
> to make use of the latest features in HttpClient.
>
> Would that be okay with you, and if so, would you rather prefer
> review-then-commit or commit-then-review approach?
>
> The first patch I would like to have checked in helps deal with the DoS
> type of situations (infinite header lines, infinite number of HTTP
> headers, infinite content body) as well as makes Droids' HTTP message
> parser tolerant to malformed HTTP headers.

Hi Oleg,

nice that you have found some spare time. :)

You still have commit rights on the project and always will have. You
are the trusted integrator of the http transport and I do not see any
need to review your work previos to a commit. Please feel free to add
your enhancements whenever you can!

Thank you very much to come back!

salu2