From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject HTTP transport improvements
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 19:18:46 GMT
Folks

It's been really a while since I hacked on Droids last time. I am not
even sure whether I still have my commit rights. Anyways, I have some
spare bandwidth for Droids and would like to do some work on its HTTP
transport. I would like to make it more lenient to non-fatal HTTP
protocol violations, more resilient to DoS type of situations as well as
to make use of the latest features in HttpClient.

Would that be okay with you, and if so, would you rather prefer
review-then-commit or commit-then-review approach?

The first patch I would like to have checked in helps deal with the DoS
type of situations (infinite header lines, infinite number of HTTP
headers, infinite content body) as well as makes Droids' HTTP message
parser tolerant to malformed HTTP headers.

Oleg