From Leo Cook <leo_a_c...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Drill ODBC conenctor
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2014 03:07:08 GMT
Suresh Ollala <sollala@...> writes:

> MapR releases compatible ODBC driver with latest Drill master frequently.
> The latest one will be posted in next couple of days, I will reply to this
> thread once new compatible ODBC driver is available.

FYI

I found that the windows MapR ODBC driver posted at

http://package.mapr.com/tools/MapR-ODBC/MapR_Drill/MapRDrill_odbc/

only works with this drill package that MapR guys posted on 17th Nov (and
presumably the official trunk)

http://package.mapr.com/drill/download/apache-drill-0.6.0.r2-incubating-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz

Anything else fails with a conflict in rpc version as the obdc driver is at
v3, drill 0.6.0 is at v2. There seems to be no available historical versions
of the MapR driver so you are forced to move ahead of 0.6.0 if you want
connectivity through ODBC. Please correct if wrong.

Rgds

Leo