From Ananth Gundabattula <agundabatt...@threatmetrix.com>
Subject Help regarding new storage plugin and Query parser documentation
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2014 21:47:20 GMT
Hello All,

I am trying to experiment with Drill a bit for a project and have the following two questions
:

1. Is there any documentation how to generate a storage plugin for Drill ?

2. Is there any documentation as to how plugin a custom query parser ? - Basically the Data
warehouse we are building is a mix of many systems and a given query can be answered by more
than one subsystem. However we would like the query to be answered by analyzing the query
on the fly and route it to the best sub-system that can answer the query. Drill seems to be
an excellent option as it also provides a jDBC driver option. However on looking at the Drill
wiki, I could not find any document which gives an idea as to how to plugin both a new Storage
engine and a new Query parser that meets criteria for “rewriting an incoming query”

Thanks a lot for your time.

Regards,
Ananth