From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Distributed SQL on Drill question
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2014 00:28:08 GMT
On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 9:04 AM, Chris Drawater <Chris.Drawater@jdsu.com>
wrote:

> But I’d still appreciate the answers to my questions à
>

> ·         Would we expect to be able to run a distr SQL query by
> connecting  via JDBC direct to specific drillbit ?  *Seems Not ?*

I think this should work.

>  ·         Would we expect to be able to run a distr SQL query by
> connecting  via ODBC direct to specific drillbit ?

Likewise.

>  ·         Would we expect to be able to run a distr SQL query by
> connecting  via JDBC via a zookeeper quorum connection ?

No.  This should not work.  ZK is keeping track of who is in the cluster
and such.  It assumes all communications with it will relate to the ZK
mission.  ZK itself holds Drill configuration information, but doesn't
really know any thing about what Drill is doing.  ZK shouldn't even accept
JDBC connections.

 ·         Would we expect to be able to run a distr SQL query by
> connecting  via ODBC via a zookeeper quorum connection ?

Likewise no.

>  ·         How can we identify the use of multiple nodes due to a
> distributed  SQL query    via explain plan output or the JSON QEP ?
>
> The logs have the execution plan in them.  Likewise, the logs of each
drill bit have a record of everything that they have done.  If you keep
these logs in a distributed file system, then you should be able to use
Drill itself to analyze these logs.