From Tridib Samanta <tridib.sama...@live.com>
Subject RE: Apache Drill stuck for long time
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2014 17:50:28 GMT
Hi Mufeed,
I ran select count(*) from source;

It came back with the count after 20 mins. There were 12 million json doc. I definitely got
to improve the performance. But not sure where to look at. I am looking at the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG6vzsk8T7E&list=UUKmI-fBjvKexRlBBeVTwrrg
. Do you have any other option documentation to speed up the query?

Thanks
Tridib

From: tridib.samanta@live.com
To: drill-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Apache Drill stuck for long time
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 10:24:11 -0700

Hi Mufeed,
I am using apache-drill-0.5.0-incubating. It's setup in our private cloud. Drillbit's log
shows

2014-10-29 13:18:56,784 [f997d3d6-f163-4a64-a157-301a153f52f5:frag:0:0] DEBUG o.a.d.exec.compile.ClassTransformer
- Done compiling (bytecode size=3.9 KiB, time:51 millis).

After this I do not see anything.

Thanks
Tridib