From Iver Walkoe <r...@eyecue.com>
Subject Drill on Amazon?
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2014 23:30:09 GMT
Hello!

This is my first query to the group - at present, I'm an inexperienced
Drill user though looking to change that.

I am pretty familiar with AWS - though not as much at the config level -
and can make my way around Hadoop.

That being said, and noting I'm going to be following up with Amazon
people on this as well, I thought I'd post a question here just in case
there were some readily available resources.

I'm looking to investigate the possibility of using Drill with Hive on
an EMR instance pointed toward an external table on S3. That is, I'd be
looking to use Hive to create the metadata for an external table on S3
and have Drill leverage this.

In particular, I am pretty clueless as to how one would get Drill
installed on the slave nodes on an EMR instance. Don't know if it's
possible, in fact (hoping it is). It would seem that getting Drill
(Bits) on the slave nodes and then being able to communicate with a
Drill Bit on such a node is the task at hand.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Iver