From Jason Altekruse <altekruseja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Querying protocol buffers files with Drill
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2014 18:07:46 GMT
Hi Christian,

While we do not have a native protobuf reader for Drill, we do support Hive
Serdes as an input format. This will not be the fastest way to get your
data into the Drill engine, but it should be less coding than writing a
record reader for drill.

If you need performance and are up for learning a bit more about Drill, we
would certainly welcome a contribution of a protobuf reader and would be
happy to help you get started.

-Jason Altekruse