From Jim <jimfcarr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Parquet file partition size
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 11:43:07 GMT

Thanks Jim and Jacques,

I'll play with those settings but I'm using Drill to generate Parquet
files for use with Spark (because Spark's generation of Parquet files
doesn't provide enough control over slicing and I end up with files that
can't be read on a cluster (e.g.
http://apache-spark-user-list.1001560.n3.nabble.com/Querying-a-parquet-file-in-s3-with-an-ec2-install-tt13737.html

).

So I'm using Drill as a tool for preprocessing and don't intend to read
the slices on the same machines that generates them. Is there a way to
simply set the number of slices?

Thanks again,
Jim