From Luca Morandini <lmorand...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: Querying relatively big GeoJSON data
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2014 22:24:33 GMT
On 11/08/14 13:36, Jacques Nadeau wrote:
> Hey Luca,
>
> This is great feedback.  The giant document wrapping thing is clearly a
> common pattern and we're trying to figure out the right way to integrate.
> Full JSON support is something we're committed to but we're not there
> yet.   You've hit the two main things we're missing: single large json with
> embedded records and heterogeneous arrays.  We'll have both addressed
> shortly with the large single json probably coming first.   Can you file a
> jira and I'll get one of our doc team guys to more clearly spell this out
> in the documentation.

Here you are:

I took the liberty to add a comment to:

> The url as data source is something we've discussed but haven't yet filed a
> jira.   It would be pretty straight forward and is quite nice as you could
> rely on mime type to understand format.   Would you be interested in trying
> to put a prototype together to get it started? Even a good jira with an
> outline of functionality and integration points would be very helpful.

Hmm... that's a bit too much for me: I don't know even where to start dealing with
the Apache Drill codebase.

Regards,

Luca Morandini
Data Architect - AURIN project
Melbourne eResearch Group
Department of Computing and Information Systems
University of Melbourne
Tel. +61 03 903 58 380
Skype: lmorandini