From mufy <mufeed.us...@gmail.com>
Subject About Storage Plugin Instance Broadcast
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2014 05:42:54 GMT
Stated here
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DRILL/Connecting+Apache+Drill+to+Data+Sources
that,

"When you add or update storage plugin instances on one node, Drill
broadcasts the information to all of the other Drill nodes so they have
identical storage plugin instances registered. You do not need to restart
any of the Drillbits when you add or update a storage plugin instance."

Does that mean if I were to have the following on one node:
[root@mufeed-drill1 ~]# cat
/opt/mapr/drill/drill-1.0.0/apache-drill-1.0.0-m2-incubating-SNAPSHOT/conf/storage-plugins.json
{
  "storage": {

    dfs: {
      type: "file",
      connection: "maprfs:///"
    },

    cp: {
      type: "file",
      connection: "classpath:///"
    },

    cp1: {
      type: "file",
      connection: "classpath:///"
    },
      }
}

The same content would get replicated to other nodes, on a file content
level? If yes, I do not see that happening. If not, please clarify.

---
Mufeed Usman
My LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mufeed-usman/28/254/400> | My
Social Cause <http://www.vision2016.org.in/> | My Blogs : LiveJournal