From Jacques Nadeau <jacq...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Distributed Drill question
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 22:11:00 GMT
We're a bit lacking in docs, sorry about that.

Drill maintains the concept of host affinity for individual operations.  In
the case of scans, this is typically associated with the locality
information of the HDFS blocks or HBase region servers.  Drillbits are
designed to be run next to the storage processes and have awareness of this
information.

Does that answer your question?

Thanks,
Jacques