From Steven Phillips <sphill...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: Distributed mode troubles: ZK/Curator connection time out
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2013 22:17:26 GMT
You need to replace localhost with the hostname of the node running
zookeeper. If that zookeeper is configured to use a port different than
2181, then that needs to be set as well. If you have multiple zookeepers in
the quorum, you then zk.connect should be a comma separated list of the
host:port of each node.

The default, localhost setting will only work when a drillbit is running on
the same node as the zookeeper.

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 2:57 PM, Michael Hausenblas <
michael.hausenblas@gmail.com> wrote:

> > One thing to add to the diagram is that all of the drill java processes
> will look at what is in drill-override.conf.
>
> Thanks, done.
>

> > You must set zk.connect to the correct zk host:port.
>

> Can you be a tad more explicit, please? In drill-override.conf I have
>
> [[
> …
> zk: {
>         connect: "localhost:2181”,
> …
> ]]
>

> What am I overlooking?
>
> Also, any directions re the rest of my questions (re bin/submit_plan etc.)?
>

> With a little help from here,  I’m happy to put together the description
> how to set this up in the Wiki, also to address a query we’ve now lying
> around for more than three weeks, by Steve McPherson – see
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-drill-user/201310.mbox/%3CCE71A20F.14F5B%25stevemp%40amazon.com%3E–
the fact that it attracted 0 responses I find slightly embarrassing, and