From AnilKumar B <akumarb2...@gmail.com>
Subject Question regarding to Drill
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2013 08:35:44 GMT
Hi,

I went through the Drill documentation and going through the source code, I
have few questions regarding to drill. Can any one help me in understanding
it much better?

1) How the Drill aggregations are real time? Anyway it is going to scan all
the records right? What exactly it optimizes when compare to Map Reduce
based Hive(Considering index feature)?

2) For aggregations, Is in't Cube materialization will be better solution?
 For example like HBase-Lattice kind of solution.

3) What exactly the real use cases for Drill? Whenever we say interactive,
mostly they include aggregations, and when we say aggregations definitely
they cannot be real time, when we scan whole raw data.

Thanks,
B Anil Kumar.