From David Alves <davidral...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What do you want out of Apache Drill?
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 14:07:44 GMT
Hi All

	Sorry to revive an old thread…
	I was going through the list looking for the current stance on joins and I found Ted's answer.
	What is the main point behind not doing large joins on Drill?
	Is it just simplicity (as in optimizer, etc.) or is there something else?
	I mention this because I'm particularly interested in large self joins (I'd can volunteer
to work on them myself, of course).
	I'm not against leaving them out of any optimizer goals, if one can explicitly select an
identity optimizer that will just follow the logical plan, but they are big requirement for
me.
	Thoughts?

Best
David