From Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: High-level architecture
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 15:10:01 GMT

> Like it.

Thanks. Glad you find it useful.

> You should probably add jdbc and odbc as input and output interfaces

Agreed, direct RDBMS access should be there. Would a further data source at the bottom capture
that or do you mean (also) in the top right corner (extending REST, etc.)? Unsure how to express
this best ...

Cheers,
		Michael

--
Michael Hausenblas
Ireland, Europe

On 29 Jan 2013, at 15:01, Jacques Nadeau <jacques.drill@gmail.com> wrote:

> Like it.  You should probably add jdbc and odbc as input and output interfaces
>

> On Jan 29, 2013, at 5:06 AM, Michael Hausenblas
> <michael.hausenblas@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> Motivated by the fact that I find myself explaining Drill more and more often lately
I thought it might be useful to provide a high-level view on the architecture of Drill. So,
I gave it a shot and you can find the result at [1] - note that also the OmniGraffle source
is attached to this page in case someone wants to tweak it.

>> This high-level architecture diagram was created with the following in mind:
>>
>> * Providing a quick overview of the features, interfaces and ecosystem ...
>> * ... while aiming not *only* at a technical audience
>> * Summarising the various discussions around desired data sources and query languages
supported

>> One aspect I find very important and that I tried to highlight is the human in the
loop: being an interactive system, this should clearly be in the centre of attention?