From Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenb...@gmail.com>
Subject High-level architecture
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 13:05:41 GMT
All,

Motivated by the fact that I find myself explaining Drill more and more often lately I thought
it might be useful to provide a high-level view on the architecture of Drill. So, I gave it
a shot and you can find the result at [1] - note that also the OmniGraffle source is attached
to this page in case someone wants to tweak it.

This high-level architecture diagram was created with the following in mind:

* Providing a quick overview of the features, interfaces and ecosystem ...
* ... while aiming not *only* at a technical audience
* Summarising the various discussions around desired data sources and query languages supported

One aspect I find very important and that I tried to highlight is the human in the loop: being
an interactive system, this should clearly be in the centre of attention?

Cheers,
		Michael

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DRILL/High-level+Architecture

--