From Timothy Chen <tnac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What do you want out of Apache Drill?
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 00:12:33 GMT
So to be specific you mean the ability to translate drql into a spark execution plan?

Tim

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 6, 2012, at 1:33 PM, Andrew Psaltis <Andrew.Psaltis@Webtrends.com> wrote:

>> So, What do you want Apache Drill to help you with?
>
> I also want what Julian wants in respect to #1 (A SQL interface in addition to DrQL interface),
but Santa I also would like the following:

> 1.  An ability to generate a plan for a Map Reduce framework, more specifically to generate
a plan that can be executed by Spark.  That plan can start with the stack at a low level that
then we could walk and do the "correct" thing in Spark.
> 2. A follow on to #2 would be to generate the Java or Scala code that could be used to
drive then generation of a Spark RDD

> I realize that this is perhaps outside of the scope of Drill, but I would be willing
and ready to work on making this gift a become reality.

> Thanks,
> Andrew
>

> Dear Santa,
>
> Here's what I'd like:

database", whose blocks are managed by a cache such as jboss infinispan

> I know some of these are outside of Drill's scope. If so, feel free to disregard. But
if you don't ask, you don't get. :)