From Rohen Peterson <ro...@crowdmob.com>
Subject Re: What do you want out of Apache Drill?
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 20:56:19 GMT
I'll echo Shawn's earlier comments regarding using Drill for statistics on
large data sets within specific data ranges. We primarily utilize
summation, ratios, mean, and median operations, as well as general use of
counts.

SQL (we're using MySQL) is often fine when doing a simple set of queries
for one data range (stats over one day). However, SQL is too slow for us
when we're looking to generate higher resolution statistics over varying
times (hourly stats over a several day period).

Rohen Peterson
Software Engineer | CrowdMob Inc.
Mobile: (415) 633-6799
Twitter: @rohenpeterson