From Benoit Perroud <ben...@noisette.ch>
Subject Re: Board Report
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 21:29:19 GMT
Hi,

I don't have enough karma for the wiki, but here is my draft.

--------------------
DirectMemory

(incubating since October 2011)

Apache DirectMemory is a multi layered cache implementation featuring
off-heap memory management (a-la BigMemory) to enable efficient handling
of a large number of java objects without affecting JVM garbage collection
performance.

There is only one important issue to address in the move towards graduation

   - Understanding process/decision making guidelines (new committer process
     is undergoing testing, release process still yet to be worked out)

Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be aware of

  - None

How has the community developed since the last report

  - Tasks and proposals contributed by non-committers

How has the project developed since the last report.

  - A first public release `0.1-incubating` is currently voted.
  - A talk of DirectMemory has been presented at DevoXX France (thanks to
    Olivier Lamy and Benoit Perroud). Slides (in French) are available
    http://www.slideshare.net/benoitperroud/direct-memory-3devoxxfr201220418-12607286)
  - A talk of DirectMemory has been presented (thanks to Benoit Perroud)
    at Java User Group Lausanne. Slides are availalble
    http://www.slideshare.net/benoitperroud/direct-memory-jugl20120308-12607297

Signed off by mentor:

Thanks,

Benoit.

2012/7/5 Raffaele P. Guidi <raffaele.p.guidi@gmail.com>:
> I was going to take care of it but was waiting for the release voting
> results... hoping in good news :) can't we wait a bit?
>
> On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 9:31 PM, Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Salut,
>>
>> Here http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/January2012 (April too)
>> Don't miss the current release
>> We will have to insert here: http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/July2012
>> Let me know if you have karma
>>

>> 2012/7/5 Benoit Perroud <benoit@noisette.ch>:
>> > Do we have a template ? Or older versions ? I can take care of it.
>> >
>> > Benoit.

>> time

>> > --
>> > sent from my Nokia 3210