From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release?
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2012 15:34:05 GMT
On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 3:30 PM, Jeff MAURY <jeffmaury@jeffmaury.com> wrote:
> I think there are a number of items to work before we do a release.
> I'm not very familiar of Apache way of release but I have the feeling that

releasing is not only putting software "to the public", it is also
"learning how to release" (at least in the incubator). Nobody expects
a perfect release with a 1.0 imho. "Release often, early".

> if we do a release now, we will break compatibility with next release.
> Why not an Alpha of Beta or continue on a 0.0.x ?

Nothing speaks against that :-)
0.0.1 sounds pretty alpha to me, i would skip the term "alpha" and
just make "0.0.1". One can state on the homepage that the API is
matter of change.

I have only limited time, but I am willing to look at your artifacts
and help pointing you to the right docs with the release. In addition
I think one of the new arrived people should release. As mentioned, it
is learning, and if always the old grumpys release, the new blood does
not gain experience. :-)

Cheers
Christian

--