From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1291362 - in /incubator/directmemory/trunk/server: ./ directmemory-server-client/ directmemory-server-commons/ directmemory-server/ directmemory-server/src/ directmemory-server/src/main/ directmemory-server/src/main/java/ directmemor
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 17:39:25 GMT
Salut Olivier,

> +@Path( "directMemoryService" )
> +public interface DirectMemoryCacheService
> +{
> +    @GET
> +    @Path( "retrieve/{key}" )
> +    @Produces( MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON )
> +    DirectMemoryCacheResponse retrieve( @PathParam( "key" ) String key );
> +
> +    @PUT
> +    @Path( "store" )
> +    @Produces( MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON )
> +    @Consumes( MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON )
> +    Boolean store( DirectMemoryCacheRequest request );
> +
> +    @DELETE
> +    @Path( "delete/{key}" )
> +    Boolean delete( @PathParam( "key" ) String key );
> +
> +}

don't the HTTP method names already specify which is the operation to
perform? As discussed in the ML, they can be suppressed without losing
semantic.

Moreover, I think the "directMemoryService" path could be
abbreviated... don't have an idea yet how, but it could :P

WDYT?
best,
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/