From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1293567 - in /incubator/directmemory/trunk: directmemory-cache/src/main/java/org/apache/directmemory/memory/ integrations/ehcache/ integrations/ehcache/src/ integrations/ehcache/src/main/ integrations/ehcache/src/main/java/ integrati
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2012 01:04:46 GMT
what we need at the end is just the package/class name, since the core
impl is owned by the ASF.

so, at that point, I agree that we shouldn't be affected by any legal
issue/worry

thanks again for your feedbacks!
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 1:00 AM, Michael André Pearce
<michael.andre.pearce@me.com> wrote:
> RE:
>
> There is already precedent set where apache projects have in the src code which is not
org.apache package, so the worry we are having code which isnt org.apache is not needed as
precendent has been set (though agree we should only ever do this where only required such
as the case i had to for the integration point into ehcache)

> example being myfaces project:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/myfaces/core/trunk/api/src/main/java/javax/faces/
>
> The net.sf package anyhow normally by convention from projects that began in sourceforge
opensource repository. the ehcache project itself was fully open sourced (apache license)
and was revied by asf its self.

> As such no legal issues exist in using net.sf or the echache package, as this is apache
license source package we are using.