From "Raffaele P. Guidi" <raffaele.p.gu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DM modularization
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 07:23:28 GMT
regarding the formatting thing - I honestly don't remember why I did the
choice, di as you think best. Josql is used at the core level to select
items to purge in the background, I already pointed out it can also be a
performance bottleneck but it was easy to correct with ad-hoc code.
Regarding serializers - yes it should be done but I suggest to keep the
default one in the core. The java serializer is a bit too slow to be the
default one, IMHO. All other ideas and news are great, including the
memcached protocol, which I already investigated long ago (there's a java
me cached server with pluggable implementations somewhere in google code
that is a good starting point) and the fact that you'll be able to leverage
DM in some ways.

Ciao,