From Michael André Pearce <michael.andre.pea...@me.com>
Subject Re: changing the DM behavior at runtime
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2012 00:51:12 GMT
On a note of CacheService#setMap( ConcurrentMap<K, Pointer<V>> map ), you wouldnt
want to drop this, as then you would leave buffered data off the heap with loosing critical
information to where it is, thus causing a possible memory leak, unless on doing this, you
free'd all the buffers.

I dont see any scenario  of resetting the map after youve set it the once (correct me if you
can think of one), surely this is where then maybe set method should be removed and it is
passed in at construction, and the field is final? avoiding risk of changing it ever.

Mike

On 26 Feb 2012, at 00:33, Michael André Pearce wrote:

> Also can i suggest locking on the key for put/updates/deletes? avoids someone getting
a key whilst it is in transitive state of being updated by another, ive seen before a fancy
way of doing this, avoiding a lock for every key, will have to try remember.