From Michael André Pearce <michael.andre.pea...@me.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1293567 - in /incubator/directmemory/trunk: directmemory-cache/src/main/java/org/apache/directmemory/memory/ integrations/ehcache/ integrations/ehcache/src/ integrations/ehcache/src/main/ integrations/ehcache/src/main/java/ integrati
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2012 00:00:47 GMT
RE:

There is already precedent set where apache projects have in the src code which is not org.apache
package, so the worry we are having code which isnt org.apache is not needed as precendent
has been set (though agree we should only ever do this where only required such as the case
i had to for the integration point into ehcache)

example being myfaces project:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/myfaces/core/trunk/api/src/main/java/javax/faces/

The net.sf package anyhow normally by convention from projects that began in sourceforge opensource
repository. the ehcache project itself was fully open sourced (apache license) and was revied
by asf its self.

As such no legal issues exist in using net.sf or the echache package, as this is apache license
source package we are using.