From Michael André Pearce <michael.andre.pea...@me.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1293567 - in /incubator/directmemory/trunk: directmemory-cache/src/main/java/org/apache/directmemory/memory/ integrations/ehcache/ integrations/ehcache/src/ integrations/ehcache/src/main/ integrations/ehcache/src/main/java/ integrati
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2012 00:20:16 GMT
Only thing i would add, is maybe MemoryManagerServiceWithAllocationPolicyEhcacheImpl could
change the class name, as obviously originally it was born out the need of slightly different
behaviour of MemoryManagerServiceWithAllocationPolicyImpl, but in effect the idea of having
it to contain ehcache specifics if need in future ideas i have are:

DirectMemoryManager (under the ehache package)
EHCacheMemoryManager

thoughts?

On 25 Feb 2012, at 23:44, Michael André Pearce wrote:

> DirectMemoryStore is an implementation of the ehcache store interface for directmemory
and should try contain all the handling of normal store features,
> DirectMemoryCache is to support all features needed from directmemory to support the
store, and thus to support extra functions/features or changes of behaviour for direct memory
needed for ehcache integration which we wouldn't necessarily want to put into the core, agreed
atm this does make this a bit of a pass through layer but i can i can see several items already
that would want specific to ehcache, atm it has two features it is supplying size and capacity
in bytes of the cache.

> On the MemoryManagerServiceWithAllocationPolicyEhcacheImpl this originally was to change
behaviour of MemoryManagerServiceWithAllocationPolicyImpl to throw boe instead of what was
the current behaviour of returning null, (which actually does cause an npe in the cacheservice
implementation which probably needs to be fixed) , but anyhow, exception behaviour handling
allows to wrap into ehcache cache exception nicely. Benoit migrated this functionality actually
into directmemory core so yes agreed this could be removed now. (though i would think about
leaving it for now maybe, as with like argument for the directmemory cache, if there is features
we want specific to the ehcache integration, that in furture we wouldnt want in the main core,
then it is can be placed here).