From Michael André Pearce <michael.andre.pea...@me.com>
Subject Re: changing the DM behavior at runtime
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2012 01:23:00 GMT
Haha i knew i remember seeing something, we can take insperation for key locking from how concurrenthashmap
achieves it.

http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/dl/classes/EDU/oswego/cs/dl/util/concurrent/ConcurrentHashMap.java

On 26 Feb 2012, at 01:14, Michael André Pearce wrote:

> Doug Lee and using hashes, though i still cant remember for the life of me where ive
seen this atm. (it cant be too distant past if i remember the guys name)

> On 26 Feb 2012, at 01:06, Simone Tripodi wrote:
>
>> +1 concurrency is still an open issue in DM
>>
>> best,
>> -Simo

>> http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
>> http://www.99soft.org/
>>

>> On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 1:33 AM, Michael André Pearce
>> <michael.andre.pearce@me.com> wrote:
>>> Also can i suggest locking on the key for put/updates/deletes? avoids someone
getting a key whilst it is in transitive state of being updated by another, ive seen before
a fancy way of doing this, avoiding a lock for every key, will have to try remember.

means