From Maurizio Cucchiara <>
Subject Re: Cache keys
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2011 19:00:49 GMT
AFAICU there is no reason to implement the Serializable IF, since keys
are not serialized (I could be wrong though)
The switch from string to object looks apparently simple, I haven't
experienced any issues until now (every test run smoothly) .
I'm going to attach a patch on DIRECTMEMORY-43 [1], please let me know WDYT.

Twitter     :
G+          :
Linkedin    :

Maurizio Cucchiara

On 15 December 2011 15:28, Raffaele P. Guidi <> wrote:
> Sure it would be a good thing, of course keeping the most frequent use case
> as simple as possibile. Also remember that one of the things that allows
> DirectMemory to perform well is protostuff - that is an efficient and
> unobtrusive way to work around serialization.
> Ciao,
> Il giorno 15/dic/2011 13:56, "Tommaso Teofili" <>
> ha scritto:
>> Hi all,
>> while working on one of the examples I found myself wondering why keys in
>> Cache have to be Strings.
>> Generally a cache should also be able to use objects of whatever nature as
>> keys, so we could use the same serialization mechanism used for values or,
>> at least, define keys to be implementing the
>> interface.
>> What do you think?
>> Tommaso

View raw message