From Benoit Perroud <ben...@noisette.ch>
Subject Eviction at MemoryBuffer vs at CacheService level
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2011 16:33:12 GMT
Hi All,

I thought at the evicition policy. It is actually done at MemoryBuffer
level, but this leads to a problem :

A pointer could be evicted, but the cache still reference it. It seems
to be processed correctly by the CacheService.

My point hier is we should try to do a better separation of the
responsabilities, in order to have layers that could be reused
independently :

- MemoryService should only try to reduce fragmentation (for example
using the read only buffer (see DIRECTMEMORY-9))
- CacheService should allow pluggable eviction (LRU, LFU, ...)

What is your thoughts on this ?

Thanks

Benoit.