From "Raffaele P. Guidi" <raffaele.p.gu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Dec 2011 ([ppmc])
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 08:16:30 GMT
Hi, as Simone seems to be a bit busy at the moment I tried to follow on his
last month's report. Could this help?

Ciao,
*
*
*DirectMemory *(incubating since October 2011) Apache DirectMemory is a
multi layered cache implementation featuring off-heap memory management
(a-la BigMemory) to enable efficient handling of a large number of java
objects without affecting jvm garbage collection performance

*A list of the three most important issues to address in the move towards
graduation.*
1. APIs finalization - the team decided to keep the singleton API but
rebuilding it on top of a more flexible classic interface-implementation
service layer
2. The tutorial on how to build apps on top of DirectMemory is still
lacking as most of the documentation

*Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be aware
of*
- We lost one mentor (still not too bad, we have others but we will miss
Christian)
*How has the community developed since the last report*
- Two more people have asked for inclusion in the team as committers up on
the mailing lists
- Tasks and proposals contributed by non-committers
*How has the project developed since the last report.*
- Healthy activity on 3rd parties integrations such as Apache Karaf
(complete with an ad-hoc module) and Apache Commons JCS (still in progress
with help from the JCS team)