From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: refactoring in a branch
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2011 15:20:05 GMT
2011/11/26 Raffaele P. Guidi <raffaele.p.guidi@gmail.com>:
> well, the github repo is frozen at the day of the incubation start, but I
> would be pleased to update it would it be useful to anyone for this

I miss you here. What do you mean exactly ?

What prevent folks to fork https://github.com/apache/directmemory on
github (see https://github.com/olamy/directmemory/) or gitorious.org
(see https://gitorious.org/directmemory) then hack in a feature
branch.
And then create a pull request on github
(https://github.com/apache/directmemory/pull/1) This should normaly
generate an email to dev ml (see sample
http://markmail.org/message/kwa4r7l5vj7ey3ai). But it looks there is
an issue with incubator ml as my pull request didn't generate any
email. (I will ask infra)

Or create a jira link with the link on their @github or
@gitorious.org. If the checkbox is selected regarding ip or the guy
send a cla in case of significant amount of code, I don't see any
issues accepting such contributions.

Perso I have asf projects setup locally with git svn and some remotes
on which I can push to show features I have hacked.

IMHO it's a good workflow until native git @asf