From Rahul Thakur <rahul.thakur.x...@gmail.com>
Subject Why is Cache.init(...) limited by the amount of memory available to VM
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 03:55:57 GMT
Greetings everyone!

Its good to see Direct Memory a member project at Apache \o/. I am very
keen to see it graduate to top-level project, so please keep up the good
work!

I have been consuming snapshots of DirectMemory for a data intensive app
requiring off-heap storage. I have hit a couple of blockers:

(a)  If the idea behind off-heap storage is not to be limited by the RAM
available to VM, then why can't the buffer size provided to Cache.init(...)
be more than the RAM available to VM.

(b)  Application requirement in my case is to have a concurrent Cache that
can handle ~100 hits. How can I achieve that with DirectMemory Cache?

Sorry about cross-posting this - just wanted to make sure this doesn't drop
off the radar :)

Look forward to you responses.

Many thanks,

Rahul